Data Protection Notice
‘We’, ‘our’, ‘Shabaka’, ‘AFFORD’ and SOAS– refers to Shabaka Social Enterprise, C.I.C., African Foundation for Development and School of Oriental and African Studies.
‘You’ – refers to those booking for and attending the Eventbrite event: “Diaspora professionals in development and humanitarian spaces’.
‘Event’ – refers to the joint event of Shabaka, AFFORD and SOAS Eventbrite “Diaspora professionals in development and humanitarian spaces” event held on Tuesday, 12 February 2019 at Brunei Gallery Lecture Theatre SOAS, University of London, Thornhaugh St, Bloomsbury, London WC1H 0XG
Data we receive
Shabaka, AFFORD and SOAS will receive the following data from Eventbrite:
- Attendees name.
- Email address.
- Contact information (where provided).
What we do with it
- Create an attendance record for the day.
- Analyse this data to review the impact of the event.
- Send a feedback form to you to assist with analysis of the event.
What we do NOT do with this data
- Pass onto third parties.
- Opt you into Shabaka, AFFORD and SOAS (CAS) marketing material – should you wish to receive this, there is an option within the feedback to opt into this and you can opt-in on our respective websites.
On the day
- We will be taking photographs and posting about the event on social media and our website.
- By attending this event, you agree that Shabaka, AFFORD and SOAS may use, reproduce, and/or publish in any way whatsoever (without any payment being due to you) any photographs and/or video/audio that may pertain to you (including your image, likeness and/or voice), and that it may license others to do the same. Names will not be attributed to images unless specific consent is sought.
- This material may be used (without limitation) in various publications, public affairs releases, recruitment material, broadcast material, Shabaka, AFFORD and SOAS websites or for other related endeavours. This authorisation is continuous and may only be withdrawn with the prior written agreement of Shabaka, AFFORD and SOAS.
- If you do not wish for your photograph to be taken, please inform a member of the organising team.
- If we wish to quote you, we will ask for your specific permission first.
- Photographs of the event will be kept within the Shabaka, AFFORD and SOAS archives.
- The attendee list will be kept for 4 years.
- The feedback forms will be retained for 4 years.