Data Protection Notice
‘We’, ‘our’, ‘Shabaka’, refers to Shabaka Social Enterprise, C.I.C.
‘You’ – refers to those booking for and attending the Eventbrite event: “Diaspora professionals in development and humanitarian spaces’.
‘Event’ – refers to event by Shabaka
Data we receive
Shabaka will receive the following data from Eventbrite:
- Attendees name.
- Email address.
- Contact information (where provided).
What we do with it
- Create an attendance record for the day.
- Analyse this data to review the impact of the event.
- Send a feedback form to you to assist with analysis of the event.
- Opt you into Shabaka marketing material – should you wish not to receive this, there is an option to opt-out
What we do NOT do with this data
- Pass onto third parties.
On the day
- We will be taking photographs and posting about the event on social media and our website.
- By attending this event, you agree that Shabaka may use, reproduce, and/or publish in any way whatsoever (without any payment being due to you) any photographs and/or video/audio that may pertain to you (including your image, likeness and/or voice), and that it may license others to do the same. Names will not be attributed to images unless specific consent is sought.
- This material may be used (without limitation) in various publications, public affairs releases, recruitment material, broadcast material, Shabaka website or for other related endeavours. This authorisation is continuous and may only be withdrawn with the prior written agreement of Shabaka.
- If you do not wish for your photograph to be taken, please inform a member of the organising team.
- If we wish to quote you, we will ask for your specific permission first.
- Photographs of the event will be kept within the Shabaka archives.
- The attendee list will be kept for 4 years.
- The feedback forms will be retained for 4 years.