We seek to work and collaborate with individuals and organisations on a range of areas, including event organising, research and communication projects. For further details please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Are Hiring!
We are currently expanding our team and are looking for a Finance and Administration Officer.
At Shabaka, our success depends on our people, productivity, and procedures. A Finance and Administration Officer is the supportive force driving each of these areas, and we’re currently seeking someone stellar to take the reins.
The ideal professional for the role is a flexible problem solver with superb communication skills with a detail-oriented mindset. We work in a fast-moving and fun environment and therefore require someone who can take tasks from across the business as required. Multitasking and the unique ability to deftly handle the unexpected are essential qualities to bring to the position. He/she should have prior experience thriving in an administrative capacity in an office environment.
- Ensure general management of the office, overseeing operational efficiency, effective communications, and other types of strategic and tactical planning.
- Maintain facilities management, including space planning/design, vendor contracts and relations, and facilitation of all office functions and services.
- Act as primary liaison between the Shabaka, staff, consultants, partners and vendors, providing information, answering questions, and responding to requests.
- Oversee and achieve organisational goals while maintaining an efficient, productive, and positively cultured office and team member experience.
Main duties and responsibilities
The role includes the following duties:
- First point of contact for all external communications (calls and emails).
- Perform a variety of administrative duties, such as internal weekly team updates.
- Establish and maintain an online filing system for all Shabaka materials, with the right access and privacy as required.
- Assist in the HR process, such as ensuring the onboarding process and such.
- Support the finance manager with financial management tasks, including assisting with billing by preparing and sending invoices; maintaining client databases; tracking accounts; overseeing the invoice workflow, and assisting in copying and distributing production orders and other internal documents as requested.
- Update spreadsheets used by accounting, production, and field services as requested.
- Schedule and track meetings and appointments and travel arrangements.
- Secretarial duties and coordination of Shabaka’s board. This may include organising meetings and minute taking, as well as coordinating actions.
- Work with the senior management team and the board to develop Shabaka’s financial budgets and core operational procedures.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven administrative experience
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills and multitasking ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Previous success in office management
- Experience managing budgets and expenses
- Experience developing internal processes and filing systems
- Comfortable handling confidential information
- Ability to adapt to changing situations in a calm and professional manner
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter of no more than two pages by Monday 11th April 2022 to email@example.com